Dawson & Sanderson, one of the UK's oldest independent travel agency chains, celebrated its 50th year in December 2012. Established in 1962, Dawson & Sanderson began as a travel agency in Ashington in the North East of England and since then has been quietly going about its business.
Not many may realise that the 21-strong branch of high street shops, was one of the first to secure an ATOL licence and one of the first to offer free insurance and no deposits, marketing tactics then adopted across the trade at that time.
The business, which employs 250 staff, is still owned by original family founders Tom and Sylvia Dawson.
Offices can be found in the North East of England, Cumbria and Yorkshire.
In addition there is a separate corporate division, a golf course and thriving foreign exchange business, FOREXCO.
FOREXCO - 16 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- FOREXCO - the beginnings
- In 1997 Dawson & Sanderson began to operate its own foreign exchange division, providing travel customers with a service supplying commission free holiday money at excellent exchange rates.
- FOREXCO - the foreign exchange division has subsequently moved on to offer a full international payment service to individuals as well as local businesses.
- Dawson & Sanderson have established an enviable reputation for the excellent service provided by FOREXCO - its Foreign Exchange division. Whether it's Foreign Currency, Travellers Cheques, International Payments or Cash Passports you are interested in, you'll find FOREXCO's professional service second to none.
- We provide excellent commission free exchange rates on foreign currency with all popular currencies such as Euros and US Dollars available on demand with most other currencies available within 24 hours
- We can supply Travellers Cheques commission free in a wide range of international currencies, with Sterling Travellers Cheques also available for just a small fee.
- Dawson & Sanderson Ltd. is licensed by HM Customs and Excise as a Money Service Bureau trading under registration number 12114111
- Dawson & Sanderson Ltd. is also registered with the FSA under the Payment Services Regulations 2009, as a small payment institution.
Foreign Exchange Branch Locator
Dawson & Sanderson Holidays
Corporate Travel Services
Dawson & Sanderson Cruises